Would you like to receive email notifications and restoration updates for power outages in your neighbourhood?
2. Click on the My Profile tab, then the Outage Notifications tab.
3. Click the Enabled button beside the account(s) for which you would like to receive outage notifications.
4. Add additional email addresses to your outage notifications list by entering them in the space provided separated by commas:
- Residential customers may want to add a work or other personal email address, or addresses for family members.
- Business customers may want to add other employee email addresses such as facilities or operations staff.
5. Click the Update My Outage Notifications button.
When a power outage affects your service location(s), an email notification with restoration updates will be sent to the email address(es) listed under My Profile in your online account. Power restoration details include line crew status, estimated time for restoration (ETR) and cause, if known. Email notifications are typically issued within 30 minutes of an outage being reported.
It is recommended that you add eBilling@PowerStream.ca and noreply@PowerStreamMail.ca to your Address Book, Contacts or Safe Senders list to ensure Power Outage Notifications are not delayed or rejected by your email service provider.
To unsubscribe from this service and stop receiving Power Outage Notifications, simply click the “Off” button beside the account number(s) and click the "Update My Outage Notifications" button.
During severe storms or emergency events the outage notifications service may be temporarily suspended while System Control and lines staff are assessing damage to the Alectra Utilities electricity distribution system. As the extent of damage is determined, emailed outage notifications may provide initial ETRs of approximately 24 - 48 hours (one to two days) or greater than 48 hours (more than two days).