Advantage Power Pricing is a new risk-free pricing plan that makes it easy to save money on electricity.
Advantage Power Pricing saves you money:
- Pay a new low price for electricity over 80% of the time.
- Reduce your costs by up to $150 per year – risk free!
- No home technology requirements.
Looking for customer testimonials? Learn how one customer saved $274 in just six months!
Want help with saving more energy? Knowing what equipment uses energy in your home is a helpful first step. Also, read the program brochure to learn how the program works, visit the Alectra Utilities (formerly PowerStream) Energy Savings for Home page, and read about efficiency tips and tools for homes.
Already signed up?
- Access the APP Customer Portal to view your reports and analysis of your electricity consumption
- Log into the MyEnergate Consumer Portal (for customers with an Energate thermostat)
- Log into the Thermostat Control Centre (for former peaksaver PLUS® customers enrolled in APP price response)
About Advantage Power Pricing
Advantage Power Pricing offers a price of 5.9c/kWh - lower than the lowest time-of-use price - for off-peak periods and a variable price during the peak period (weekdays 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.). The peak price will vary with the demand for energy in Ontario so that participants pay either the High, Medium or Low rate for electricity during the peak period that day. Participants receive notification the day before of which price will be paid for on peak consumption the following day. Participants save money by paying a very low price for electricity over 80% of the time.
Currently, over 1,800 Alectra Utilities customers are participating in this pilot program. Future opportunities to participate will be posted on the Alectra Utilities website and social media channels.
This project was made possible through the financial support of the Independent Electricity System Operator.
Want more information?
- Read the participant brochure, which describes the program in detail
- View the Advantage Power Pricing FAQs
- BLOG POST: How Advantage Power Pricing helped me take charge of my energy bill and save $274!
- Read the evaluation report of the Summer 2015 phase of Advantage Power Pricing, by Navigant Consulting
Program Terms and Conditions:
- Must be Alectra Utilities customer in good standing.
- Must not be planning to move for 12 months.
- Limited time offer.