The way you light, heat and power your home can impact your bills. Even the smallest of actions can produce positive results. With the Save on Energy Home Assistance program, qualified Ontario homeowners, tenants and social and/or assisted housing providers can improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
The energy efficiency and comfort of your home – or, if you are a social housing provider, your tenants’ homes – could be significantly improved through the installation of:
You may also be eligible for a new, energy-efficient refrigerator or other appliances, such as a window air conditioner. If you are in an electrically heated home you may also be eligible for a programmable thermostat, weather stripping around your doors and windows and additional insulation in your attic or basement.
The program includes a detailed in-home energy assessment, professional installation of energy-saving measures and advice on steps that can be taken to save even more energy.
All conservation devices and products provided under the Home Assistance program are directly installed in the home and are FREE of charge to participants.
To qualify for the program, you must be an Alectra Utilities (formerly PowerStream) or Collus PowerStream customer or a social housing provider/resident of an eligible non-profit housing company.
Your best course of action is to call, but you must either be an approved social housing provider, a resident in social housing or have a household income as follows:
Your annual household income (after-tax income of all household members, age 18 or older) is less than or equal to the amounts shown below:
|Number of People
Living in Home
You have received one of the following for the past 12 months:
- National Child Benefit Supplement
- Allowance for the Survivor
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Allowance for Seniors
- Ontario Works
- Ontario Disability Support Program
- Ontario Electricity Support Program
- Healthy Smiles Ontario Child Dental Program
- Natural Gas (DSM) Low-Income Program
- Utility Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
Those are for residents who have electric water heaters. By using less hot water, the electric water heater turns on less.
Your audit needs to suggest replacing specific appliances with new energy-efficient ones.
Yes; however you need to get your building owner or manager’s permission and we must have their signed consent.
The Home Assistance program is just one way to support Ontario’s Save on Energy plan to provide long-term, reliable and affordable power. It’s less expensive to save electricity than to generate it.
PowerStream Conservation and Demand Management and Save On Energy programs are offered to customers of Collus PowerStream as part of the strategic partnership between PowerStream and the Town of Collingwood. Collus PowerStream operates as a separate utility that serves customers in Collingwood, Stayner, Creemore and Thornbury.
* Subject to additional terms and conditions found at saveonenergy.ca. Subject to change without notice. Funded by the Independent Electricity System Operator and offered by PowerStream Inc. A mark of the province of Ontario protected under Canadian trade-mark law. Used under sublicence. OM Official Mark adopted and used by the Independent Electricity System Operator. Used under licence.